Be well. Learn well. Educate well.
- CAN Coach Certification: Ontario, 2017
- Leadership and Conflict Resolution: Justice Institute of British Columbia, 2017
- National Executive Leadership Institute: Colleges and Institutes Canada, 2013
- Online Course Development Certificate: Alberta, 2012
- Instructional Skills Workshop Facilitator Certification: Alberta, 2011
- Ph.D. - Wayne State University, 2010
- M.A. - Wayne State University, 2003 Hons.
- B.A. - University of Windsor, 2001
- B.Sc. - University of Windsor, 2000
(Note: For further information or to request a full CV/resume, please contact Vicki directly.)
Email to be added to the closed Facebook Group
The Spirited Academic
While spending 23 years in post-secondary education (PSE)--first as a student, then a professor, and, most recently, an administrator, I recognized that the pressures, stressors, and culture of the PSE system were not conducive to overall wellness. I have witnessed the over-stressed, over-worked, and over-pressured spirits who entered Academia believing that it would yield the creative and fulfilling life-of-the-mind that they sought. Instead, they find themselves in positions that require competition, struggle, and very little of that academic spirit that first drew them to intellectual pursuits.
I created The Spirited Academic to help restore "spirit" to PSE culture. Through coaching, workshops, retreats, and speaking engagements, I support individuals and groups in finding their senses of self and purpose as we co-create strategies to help bolster their happiness, vibrancy, and general wellness. By engaging this way, I hope to generate communities of "spirited academics" who feel peaceful and joyful such that they can be well, learn well, and educate well.