YOGA & YOUR BRAIN
How can Yoga help you deal with Stress?
Can Yoga reprogram your Brain?
If you are intrigued by the role of yoga on your brain and the nervous system, attend this workshop to learn more about:
- current research on yoga and the brain/nervous system
- how yoga can benefit your emotional and mental health
- how you can retrain your brain with yoga
- practical tools and techniques that help reduce stress and improve emotional health
Interactive workshop will include both theory and techniques throughout and will conclude with a 30-minute yoga practice that is suitable for all.*
* There are mats available for use at the studio or feel free to BYO mat.
- The benefits of yoga
- Overview of the nervous system
- Research on yoga and the brain
- How yoga changes the nervous system
- Awareness versus auto-pilot
- Examples of changes in the brain
- Prananyama (breathing techniques) and asanas (postures) to incorporate into self-practice or yoga classes
- A 30-minute class that incorporates techniques learned
Who should attend:
- Anyone interested in learning more about yoga or the nervous system
- Yoga teachers who want to learn tools for working with clients with stress, anxiety and mental health issues
- Mental health professionals who want to integrate yoga and breathing techniques into their work
Register with Eventbrite: